Black forest Cake
Black forest Cake.Yummy and Delicious very much loved by chocolate Fans.
- 180 gm dark chocolate
- 200 gm butter
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 125 ml water
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tsp icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can of maraschino cherries
- Chocolate for decoration
- Mix lemon juice and milk and keep it aside.
- Mix coffee in water and let it to mix.
- Melt butter and chocolate in pan and remove from stove once it is melted. Keep aside to let it cool.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, flour + Cocoa powder + baking soda + baking powder + corn flour.
- Then add sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add milk and lemon mixture. Then add chocolate mixture and mix till it totally combined.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Geas two 8 inch baking pans, and line the base with parchment paper.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and pour the batter into the pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and let it cool
- Meanwhile, whip the cold cream till it forms soft peaks. Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract whip till it forms stiff peaks.
- Chop 3/4th of the maraschino cherries and add 1/4 cherries for decoration.
- Take one cake layer and spread it generously with the whipped cream on all sides. Spread it with a layer of cherries. Then place the second cake layer on top. Cover it with the remaining cream.
- Spread chocolate on the cake on all sides and decorate with cream and cherries on top.
- Black forest cake is ready to serve.